Alma 9 - dnf update fails to download kernel-devel package

When running “dnf upgrade” or “dnf update” and a new kernel-devel package is available, all other packages associated with the update get downloaded. However, the kernel-devel package downloads about %95 then times out repeatedly. I see the following type of message over and over until it finally fails completely :

[MIRROR] kernel-devel-5.14.0-162.12.1.el9_1.x86_64.rpm: Curl error (28): Timeout was reached for http://dfw.mirror.rackspace.com/almalinux/9.1/AppStream/x86_64/os/Packages/kernel-devel-5.14.0-162.12.1.el9_1.x86_64.rpm [Operation too slow. Less than 1000 bytes/sec transferred the last 30 seconds]
(69/69): kernel-devel-5.14.0-162.12.1.el9_1 91% [====================================== ] — B/s | 173 MB --:-- ET

I’ve tried running “dnf clean all” prior to “dnf update”. Anyone have any ideas why this particular package will not download completely and install? Thank you.

It could be some sort of a problem with the mirror. I just downloaded the package using the wget command. You might want to try that and see how that goes.

Yep, it loops through and attempts to download from several mirrors, but times out on each one -after the download has completed over 90%. Like you, I ended up having to wget it manually, but I’d like to not have to do that each time.