Alma 9 - missing sendmail-milter

Hello everyone,

I noticed that I can’t install any milters like milter-greylist and clamav-milter on Alma 9, because the sendmail-milter package is missing.

This is pretty serious for me, because I can’t build email servers based on Alma 9. Not an immediate issue, because Alma 8.6 is fine and comes with sendmail-milter.

Anyone know what happened and why it was removed in EL9? Is there an alternative?

Thank you.

PS:

Error: 
 Problem: conflicting requests
  - nothing provides libmilter.so.1.0()(64bit) needed by milter-greylist-4.6.4-1.el9.x86_64

Replying to myself…

Apparently, Redhat continues to slim-down their offerings and remove support from things unrelated to them and their clients. In RHEL9, many packages got moved to a separate repository: CodeReady Linux Builder (CRB) repository. Packages in there are unsupported.

The CRB repository is disabled by default, as its unsupported, but can be enabled with the following command:

dnf config-manager --set-enabled crb

1 Like

I suggest you wait a bit, I think rspamd is a better choice, I use this hobbyist project and have deployed 2 mail servers, both are stable.
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/dayton967/rspamd/

Company policy says, no Russian software. So rspamd is out of the question.

@sams_daughter

RHEL Codeready Linux Builder == CentOS/Rocky Linux/AlmaLinux PowerTools

This is due to trademark issue.

1. Where is the CentOS 8 codeready-developer equivalent repo?(FAQ/CentOS8 - CentOS Wiki)

Most of the AlmaLinux developers are from CloudLinux. Most of them are Russians.
PHP core developer with top contribution is a Russian guy.
And many other important packages have contributions from Russia.
What do you and your company smoke?

Couldn’t care less what they smoke, thats the policy, so I get on with my life.

Can’t use RAR archives as well.

1 Like