Centos 8 vs Almalinux, is it okay to upgrade? A help to understand how to change OS

Hi, I need suggestions / help.
My situation is this:
I have a VPS with cPanel with Centos 8.5, I have added Redis and Varnish to it, and I would like to add also elastichsearc because two Magento sites are hosted on it.
Hosting with VPS allows me to take actual snapshots of the system as it is, I could use them as a backup for ease of execution.

I would like to update Centos 8.5 and switch to Almalinux as the former is no longer supported and the latter is officially compatible with cPanel.

If I upgrade, will the Redis and Varnish installations be lost and will I have to perform new installations?

Also, I read on various blogs that almalinux is a 1: 1 OS with Centos 8, does this mean that everything that was used with Centos is also usable on Almalinux?

I hope to receive many suggestions and help from you to make me switch to Almalinux.
Thanks

Both do/did attempt to be bug-for-bug compatible with RHEL 8 in very similar manner, so yes.

CentOS had never official support for any third-party *panel tools. Personally, I’ve never had need for any such, so can’t comment on them.

Hi, thanks to answare… cPanel support Almalinux. Well I migrated last day to Almalinux from Centos 8. In first time, the upgrade showed me an error, after fixed, seem all run ok.