Congratulations! benny Vasquez is the new Chair of the AlmaLinux OS Foundation. Igor Selestkiy (CEO, CloudLinux) steps down to forward independence. AMA details

Hello All,

Hot on the heels of the membership announcement last week, we announced earlier today that benny Vasquez (it’s not a typo, she spells it with a lowercase b) will be taking over as Chair of the Board of the AlmaLinux OS Foundation. Igor Seletskiy, the CEO of CloudLinux has stepped down as the board chair as well as a board member. This was done in order to ensure that the AlmaLinux OS Foundation will continue to run independently, under the community’s watch and to make room for others to be elected into place on the board.

You can read a message from benny here: Hi, I’m benny. How can I help? and you can read a message from Igor on why he’s stepping down here: Why I have decided to step down from the AlmaLinux OS Foundation Board.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have here and we will do our best to answer them. Additionally, we will be hosting an AMA on YouTube on October 21, 2021 at 12PM Eastern/9AM Pacific/16:00UTC where you can ask anything you’d like!

3 Likes

@iseletsk , congratulations on establishing a strong foundation for this new non-profit organization. Good luck in your future endeavors.

@bennyVasquez , congratulations to you and kudos for taking on this gargantuan task. Thank you.

I was a very heavy user of CentOS and the CentOS Forums so that I could develop an understanding of how to manage RHEL-variant systems. I was upset to find out that Red Hat purchased it, then was bought by IBM. This never should have happened. Heck, Red Hat support was not nearly as useful as the CentOS Forums.

Thank you both.

2 Likes