Firefox Videocodec detection failing?

Almost all video platforms besides youtube report that they cannot play videos. Firefox suggests to install codecs.

However, html5test seems to be fine: HTML5test - How well does your browser support HTML5?

VLC also works fine.

I use this link + developer mode for testing: Hls.js demo - basic usage

I leave this link here as well, as it explains some terms quite well: Enable Hardware Video Acceleration (VA-API) For Firefox in Ubuntu 20.04 / 18.04 & Higher | UbuntuHandbook

I’ve already installed: libva and libva-utils.

$ vainfo
libva info: VA-API version 1.11.0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/i965_drv_video.so
vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

Following that I also installed libva-intel-hybrid-driver.

This one was actually hard to find. But finally I got to set my export to the correct one: hybrid

[moni@localhost ~]$ export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME=hybrid
[moni@localhost ~]$ vainfo
libva info: VA-API version 1.11.0
libva info: User environment variable requested driver 'hybrid'
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/hybrid_drv_video.so
libva error: /usr/lib64/dri/hybrid_drv_video.so has no function __vaDriverInit_1_0
vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

And this function really doesn’t exist:

More in the next comment, as new users can only put two links into a post.

(Following on from previous comment)

It seems like libva1 may still work. Currently unsure though, how to install it in parallel, as people would do in the Debian world, as I don’t find a libva1 package with dnf.

PS: I also had to sit in front of my computer doing nothing for >10 sec, because new users (or maybe all users) cannot post too quickly consecutively.

I couldn’t install intel-gpu-tools as described here as the rpm only seems to exist in AppStream8 and I got the feeling it wouldn’t be smart to mix both release version’s repositories.

So, I’m trying to compile ffmpeg as described here. This required me to install yasm package. Compiling and installing it to /usr/local didn’t change much visibly, though.

Looking further.