GRUB menu text and text on shutdown is very small

Hi

I’ve installed AlmaLinux 8.6 on a Dell XPS 15 7590.

The GRUB menu text and the text that appears when shutting down is very small I can barely read it. How can I fix this issue with the small text?

I can’t seem to modify the main post but here are all the things I have tried.

hwinfo --framebuffer displays nothing. Both vbeinfo and videoinfo in grub does not work and I get ‘can’t find commmand’.

I have tried all sorts of resolution instead but nothing changes. This is the /etc/default/grub file:

GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="$(sed 's, release .*$,,g' /etc/system-release)"
GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_DISABLE_SUBMENU=true
GRUB_TERMINAL_INPUT="console"
GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT="gfxterm"
GRUB_GFXMODE="1920x1080x32"
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD="keep"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="crashkernel=auto resume=/dev/mapper/almalinux-swap rd.lvm.lv=almalinux/root rd.lvm.lv=almalinux/swap rhgb quiet"
GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"
GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG=true

I run the grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/almalinux/grub.cfg after and reboot but nothing changes.

I have tried changing fonts also as suggested in this article: grub2 - Can GRUB font size be customised? - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange. Nothing changes when I do the exact same thing in the article.

It seems I needed both the GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT="gfxterm" and GRUB_FONT=/boot/grub2/DejaVuSansMono.pf2 to get it to work.

Make the desired font available to GRUB:
grub2-mkfont -s 40 -o /boot/grub2/DejaVuSansMono.pf2 /usr/share/fonts/dejavu/DejaVuSansMono.ttf

Modify the GRUB configuration file:

vi /etc/default/grub

GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="$(sed 's, release .*$,,g' /etc/system-release)"
GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_DISABLE_SUBMENU=true
GRUB_TERMINAL_INPUT="console"
GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT="gfxterm"
GRUB_GFXMODE="3840x2160x32"
GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX="keep"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="crashkernel=auto resume=/dev/mapper/almalinux-swap rd.lvm.lv=almalinux/root rd.lvm.lv=almalinux/swap rhgb quiet"
GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"
GRUB_ENABLE_BLSCFG=true
GRUB_FONT=/boot/grub2/DejaVuSansMono.pf2

Generate a new grub.cfg file:

grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/almalinux/grub.cfg

GRUB menu has been fixed, I still need to fix the problem with the small text when shutting down the laptop.