UEFI BOOT on Lenovo Laptop

Hi, I’ve try to install Alma 9.1. on Lenovo Idea 320. During instalation it was a message … “not able to write on /boot/efi (I’ve craeted EFI partition !” …System boot …but after update (to 9.2) it didn’t boot . I’ve re-install 9.1 … no update
I have these files in /boot/efi/EFI/almalinux=>
-rwx------. 1 root root 122 Aug 23 2022 BOOTX64.CSV
-rwx------. 1 root root 144 May 17 14:43 grub.cfg
-rwx------. 1 root root 7481 May 17 14:37 grub.cfg.rpmsave
-rwx------. 1 root root 2532656 Nov 15 2022 grubx64.efi
-rwx------. 1 root root 864400 Aug 23 2022 mmx64.efi
-rwx------. 1 root root 944576 Aug 23 2022 shim.efi
-rwx------. 1 root root 947704 Aug 23 2022 shimx64-almalinux.efi
-rwx------. 1 root root 944576 Aug 23 2022 shimx64.efi
only grub.cfg and grub.cfg.rpmsave are newest. Any ideea ?
I can’t update because the system doesn’t boot anymore ! Many thanks

Are you trying to Single Boot to AlmaLinux or Dual Boot?

Sounds like you might need to check the BIOS settings.

Thank you for Replay, I had AlmaLinux 9.1 , Single Boot, but during installation there was a message: I can’t write in UEFI boot ( /boot/efi … efi partition). I investigated various options in the BIOS … but there are not many … Anyway, the 9.1 system was functional… until one day, when a dnf update … installed version 9.2. and it didn’t boot. I’ve tried fresh install AlmaLinux 9.2 but it didn’t boot. At the end I managed to install Rocky Linux 9.2 (the same BIOS options as those for AlmaLinux 9.2).
It installed successfully, although it was the same message, however /boot/efi/EFI/rocky was modified. Fortunately, it boot and works fine …up to now !

Can you elaborate on “it didn’t boot” ? What error message(s) did you see? And Rocky Linux 9.2 did not have the same issue?

Hi, Thanks for replay. I’m sorry, I’m not an IT engineer, I’ve been a Linux user for many years … for the last 10 Centos on PC and workstation at the office and Fedora on the laptop at home. So, the mounted devices … / … /boot… /boot/efi … then on the screen “Start job… no time limit ?? ? and finally:” Control D to continue or the root password"…
I’ve tried to:
$ grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
Generating grub configuration file …
But … same results…