When Locked and I log back in again, sometimes all programs have been closed and a "restart" is done

Hi I am using Alma Linux 8.6 workstation with Gnome.

Sometimes, when I lock Alma Linux using Windows-L key combo and then I log back in again, all programs have been closed and a “restart” is done.

I say “restart” because the programs that I have listed under Gnome Tweaks > Startup Applications are re-started. But Linux itself is not restarted nor the computer itself is restarted.

Today I locked my computer and logged in again a half hour later and all programs have been closed and a “restart” is done.

Other times, I log back in after having locked for an hour and programs have not been closed and no “restart” is done.

Under Settings > Power > Suspend and Power Button I have Automatic Suspend turned off.

Under Settings > Power > Suspend and Power Saving > Blank screen I have set to 15 minutes.

I have not been able to find any other settings related to this in Gnome.

I have trying to figure out why this happens for months and no luck.

I think part of the problem is that different terminology is used for the same thing.

Eg Is “Blank screen” setting the same as Lock screen?

Eg is “Automatic suspend” the same as sleep, or hibernate?

Is what is happening is that sometimes the computer goes into Suspend after being Locked, and this is causing programs to be closed and a “restart” is done?

What is most interesting is that regardless of what settings I have, or my lack of understanding of them, is that sometimes this issue happens and sometimes not.

Any help is much appreciated.