Bad metadata for repo 'baseos'?

At least, as of the past hour or so –

> AlmaLinux 8 - BaseOS                                                   45 kB/s | 4.3 kB     00:00
      Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'baseos': repomd.xml parser error: 
      Element <repomd> was not found - Bad repomd file

Ran dnf clean and all the usual things – nada. Same error.

Transient (aka its a problem on the server/repo side, and other people are seeing it) or ‘local’ (i.e., something I need to check on my machine)?

Thanks…

Actually, may be a bigger problem. I tried temporarily skipping baseos, and got the same error about repo ‘appstream’. Reading the rest of the message – bad repomd file (below).

So, now what? I’m hoping this isn’t the Linux equivalent of ‘corrupted registry’ in a certain other OS. After 20+ years of using Linux, never had a ‘bad repomd’ file, so not remotely sure what to do.

Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'appstream': repomd.xml parser error: 
 Element <repomd> was not found - Bad repomd file

Solved – well, problem resolved. Just tried it again, and it looks like the problem stemmed from a lot of the repos synching with a fairly hefty slug of updates. I suspect I was getting the error(s) because I happened to hit the affected repos at the wrong time.