Migrating from CentOS Stream9 to Almalinux

Hi all,
Thanks for any assistance in advance.
I did a clean install of Alma and update, it put me on 5.14.0-362.24.1.el9_3. This is the kernel that I would like my migrated boxes to be on.
I did a test migration of a CentOS Stream 9 on kernel 5.14.0-419.el9.x86_64 using the almalinux-deploy.sh. The script seems to run fine, but after a reboot, I’m still on the 419 kernel. The Migration guide says to try:

sudo grubby --info DEFAULT | grep AlmaLinux

which returns nothing on my migrated box. I didn’t see any reference to where I should look if it doesn’t return the expected value.

What kernel packages are installed? rpm -qa kernel\*
If there is 5.14.0-362.24.1.el9_3 too, then can you select it in the GRUB (bootloader) menu?
If you can boot with 5.14.0-362.24.1.el9_3, then you can uninstall the 5.14.0-419’s packages.
What is the default (to boot to) after that?

Looks like I was trying to do, to many things at once. There was an error apparently and didn’t notice. Once I removed the conflicting packages, things went great. Sorry for the post.

I guess I do have one follow up. Is there any way to check for software package conflicts before I run the migration script? I didn’t see a flag in it to check for that.

Package confilcts are something that the dnf should be able to handle (the way it handles package conflicts). How the migration script calls dnf and how it handles errors from dnf … I have no idea. (I have used the migration script only couple times, and all of those for from CentOS Linux 8 to AlmaLinux 8.)