No GUI for installing AlmaLinux 9.2

Currently attempting to install on:
CPU: Ryzen 1700x
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B-350F
RAM: TeamForce 2x16GB DDR4 3200Mhz
GPU: Radeon HD5450 2GB DDR3

But everytime it gets passed the boot up sequence for the GUI Installation I’m presented with a black screen for a few seconds and then the screen turns off. I have tried the 8.8 install and it works flawlessly. I am able to do the install through the anaconda terminal as well, but just wondering if there was a workaround for this or I should file a bug report. Also here is a camera capture of the only errors I see from the syslog after an attempted run of the GUI installer.

Is it possible your board doesn’t support x86_64-v2? There’s a script to test (I saw it by Frank Cox on Rocky forums.)

type or paste code here

#!/usr/bin/awk -f

BEGIN {
while (!/flags/) if (getline < “/proc/cpuinfo” != 1) exit 1
if (/lm/&&/cmov/&&/cx8/&&/fpu/&&/fxsr/&&/mmx/&&/syscall/&&/sse2/) level = 1
if (level == 1 && /cx16/&&/lahf/&&/popcnt/&&/sse4_1/&&/sse4_2/&&/ssse3/) level = 2
if (level == 2 && /avx/&&/avx2/&&/bmi1/&&/bmi2/&&/f16c/&&/fma/&&/abm/&&/movbe/&&/xsave/) level = 3
if (level == 3 && /avx512f/&&/avx512bw/&&/avx512cd/&&/avx512dq/&&/avx512vl/) level = 4
if (level > 0) { print “CPU supports x86-64-v” level; exit level + 1 }
exit 1
}

Make it executable, call it what you want and you can then run it with ./scriptname 

(assuming awk is in /usr/bin)
If it comes back saying CPU supports v1 then Alma-9.x won't install. See the RH announcement at 

https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2021/01/05/building-red-hat-enterprise-linux-9-for-the-x86-64-v2-microarchitecture-level

On el8 one can also run:

/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 --help

to see what the hardware supports.

However, the lack of x86_64_v2 should crash clearly before one gets to the “no GUI” stage.

Seems it supports up to V3.

I would go out on a limb and say it has more to do with the display driver. I would have to rip my 3090 out of my current PC to test it though.

Like I said though I could just install it through the CLI here with anaconda, I’m not even going to be using a GUI. Though this has made me a bit wary about running 9.2 on my server. Considering just using 8.8 which I already have on my other server.

Got to a GUI through VNC, so more than likely some issue with the AMD display drivers in the 9.2 installer.

Edit:
I also got the GUI to show with my RTX 3090 installed instead of the HD 5450.