After update to 9.2 Cannot boot....on most of the times

Hello there,

I have 3 Alma Linux servers. All of them are updated to 9.2 from 9.1

In one of them after the upgrade on the 1st reboot it did not boot…It entered in emergency mode and in dracut found the the following message " warning: /dev/disk/by-uuid does not exist". If reboot the server it boots normally …This issue happens every 5 days …It boots normally for 5 or 6 days but after the 7th will not …

Has anyone any idea what is wrong …? and how to fix it …?

Same problem here. Two workstations and one laptop on AlmaLinux. After upgrade to 9.2, the laptop does not boot on newest distro, only on 9.1

try to issue “lsblk” inside normal situation, and emergency shell.

lsblk will list the storage devices.

Hello there,

Done that and yest the device that is not mounted is listed…
This does not resolve the issue …

Could it be a problem with the graphic card?
When I was using Ubuntu this was a recurrent nightmare. Upgrades would mess up the drivers and modules for nvidia and it always took a while before patches or upgrades were released to fix the problem.
I have NVIDIA Quadro K1100M on my laptop. I have Nvidia also on the workstations (that work under 9.2) but not the same and thus it might be up to the specific drivers.
Nonsense?
Cheers

Delete /etc/lvm/devices/system.devices and reboot

This file etc/lvm/devices/system.devices exists only if you have lvm installed … I do not have lvm installed so the file does not exist

It is a server… Does not have nvidia installed…The boots errors specify disks not vga

same problem. Problems with the upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2

Still having issues …Many upgrades …nothing is resolved regarding these boot issues…Any idea how to resolve…?