Jpg MIME image upload problem on AlmaLinux 8.9

There is a bug on AlmaLinux 8.9. Jpg MIME does not work properly. It is not possible to upload jpg images to sites on Google Chrome on all devices and safari MAC devices. It works smoothly in some browsers such as Firefox. We are sure it is a mistake, Cyberpanel and our own software company did not solve the problem. We carried out the necessary tests with WordPress-like software on Cpanel and CyberPanel. I have the same problem on two different web panels. At this point, we are sure that the problem is related to images with jpg extension on AlmaLinux 8. Images uploaded from FTP are displayed. However, in-site image upload is not possible over http and https. The page returns to the error screen. We have sent you the screenshots attached. Please check
Video

Sorry to bump in w/o being able to help, but, if by “MAC” you mean ppc64le, I have zero knowledge about this architecture, but I thought there were no official builds of Chrome, nor of Chromium, for it, neither by Google, nor by EPEL. But I might be wrong.

Either way, “please check” what, exactly? There is no such thing as " [the] jpg plugin" on AlmaLinux 8.9. An OS doesn’t have “a plugin” for a given image format or file type.

The RESULT_CODE_KILLED_BAD_MESSAGE crash in Chrome, Chromium, Edge, or Brave, can happen on various operating systems, and other than clearing a browser’s cache, it’s a bit difficult to investigate.

Hi
It is jpg MIME problem on AlmaLinux 8.9. Tried on many PCs Customers cannot upload jpg images. Google Chrome gives the same problem on all PCs. There is the same problem in Safari on MAC PCs. However, firefox, opera and mobile browsers work. It’s not a plugin, it’s a MIME issue.
Thanks

MIME problem or not, it’s a Chrome problem, and Chrome is not built by AlmaLinux, so why are you complaining here?

Dear Ludditus
I have been using centos for 10 years, there is no such problem. Not only Chrome but also MAC pc SAFARI has the same problem. If the problem occurs in different browsers, the problem is on the server at this point. Please, if you do not have any information about the problem, you do not need to write. Your wrong assumption hides the problem. There is a problem. If you’re curious, you can test it. If you don’t know, please don’t answer.
Thanks

Sorry for being patronizing and aggressive, but the way you’re describing the problem, nobody could help you. Have you ever properly reported a bug in these 10 years of using CentOS?

What is running on the server? The WordPress installation? So the “defective” AlmaLinux 8.9 is on the server? I thought it’s on the laptop/PC/workstation/“MAC”, because you’re complaining about Chrome’s crashing tabs!

So let me get the things right:

1. You have AlmaLinux 8.9, a LAMP stack, and WordPress installed on a server.
  2. You’re using Chrome on macOS to access your blog.
  3. While editing your posts, Chrome’s tab crashes with RESULT_CODE_KILLED_BAD_MESSAGE after having uploaded a JPG. Safari has some unspecified issues too (what does it do?), but Firefox is happy.
  4. You surmise and maintain that this is a MIME error on the server side.
  5. You blame AlmaLinux for that thing.

Now, be aware that:

1. No browser, Chrome included, should crash, even if not fatally, if it doesn’t understand what it receives from the Internet. If it does so, it’s a bug for which the browser and the browser only is responsible.
  2. A tab crash with RESULT_CODE_KILLED_BAD_MESSAGE is, as I already said before, a not-so-rare occurrence, and it has nothing to do specifically with WordPress or any OS.
  3. Supposing there is a wrong MIME type that is served to Chrome by your WordPress installation, you should be aware that there is a lot of missing info:
    a). You didn’t mention anything about how you installed and configured WordPress.
    b). Is PHP installed from Remi? Either way, version, what have you installed exactly, etc.
    c). Are you sure you installed everything needed from the PHP packages? The bloody “image plugin” you keep referring to might mean that you failed to install a PHP package, especially php-gd. However, WordPress should have complained about that. And Chrome shouldn’t have behaved that way. You didn’t ask for assistance on installing WordPress, so I won’t insist on it.
    d). Are you sure WordPress issued no error or warning about a missing package?
    e). Are you sure the problem doesn’t come from a WordPress plugin?
    f). The MIME error, if this is really the culprit, could also come from Apache or Nginx or whatever are you using. I’d rather put it on the configuration of the web server, actually.

Blaming the underlying OS in such a situation is simply ludicrous.
Note that you yourself said that it works smoothly in Firefox.
Chrome on macOS isn’t anybody’s concern here.
Debugging your LAMP and/or WordPress installation is impossible w/o further info and, by the way you’re reporting the situation, I very much doubt that you’ll provide helpful input.

LATE EDIT: I’m using WordPress since 2009. I’m using Linux since 1995. In 2009, I even maintained a repo for EL5 (CentOS 5). But I can’t stand bug reports that are not proper bug reports, and that jump to conclusions without justification. The problem is not on AlmaLinux 8.9 itself, the problem is on your WordPress installation on a LAMP stack about which we know nothing!

Hello
Google Chrome also gives errors on Fedora (ı’m using only fedora), Mac and Windows, but mobile Chrome works, the error occurs on PC devices. SAFARI gives error again on MAC. In all php versions 7.3, 7.4, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2. there is problem. Problems occur not only in Wordpress but also in different php applications such as Opencart. The problem is not application-based or web panel-related. Cyberpanel is testing the situation and so is Cpanel. Three different VPS or dedicated servers were tested with zero installation, the problem did not change. JPEG works fine, png, webp no problem. But JPG problem. JPG images uploaded from FTP work and jpg images are displayed on the site. It does not load via the web application. The issue here may be something like security or Codec. The troubleshooting steps indicate that the problem is caused by the server. It may be a PHP related problem. Transferring the file through the server web application is a problem, all applications experience problems, not just WordPress. The file is not understood or rejected by the server. We will test the subjects you mentioned. The system can upload images, there are hundreds of users. We cannot know from which device they log in, these browsers are widely used. The problem is quite big. It’s a boring problem.
Thanks