Tomcat packages in AppStream repo

I’ve just noticed there are Tomcat packages in the AppStream repo. I am certain there didn’t used to be, otherwise I wouldn’t have posted Installing Tomcat and keeping it up to date and What is https://repo.almalinux.org/development/almalinux/9/devel/? before it.

I can’t find any announcement about Tomcat being added to AlmaLinux. Are packages going to remain available and be maintained in the AppStream repo for the lifespan of AlmaLinux 9?

Bump. Because I’d really like to know what the deal is with Tomcat and AlmaLinux 9.

It turns out Red Hat have added Tomcat packages to RHEL 9! Apache Tomcat versions supported by Red Hat - Red Hat Customer Portal

These are our products with Tomcat:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) RPM

• RHEL 5: RPM Package name is tomcat5 (end of life) . Based on upstream Tomcat 5.5.23
  • RHEL 6: RPM Package name is tomcat6 (end of life) . Based on upstream Tomcat 6.0.24
  • RHEL 7: RPM Package name is tomcat. Based on upstream Tomcat 7 and the latest package is based on 7.0.76
    (we also provided some rpm packages based on 7.0.42, 7.0.54 and 7.0.69 in the previous releases.)
  • RHEL 8.0 to RHEL8.7: The tomcat package is no longer present in RHEL 8. Customers who need a supported version of tomcat need to use JBoss® Web Server .
    • RHEL 8.8: tomcat package returns to RHEL. Based on upstream Tomcat 9. This package is not supported on RHEL 8.0 through 8.7.
  • RHEL 9.0 to 9.1: The tomcat package is not bundled in RHEL 9. Customers who need a supported version of tomcat need to use JBoss® Web Server .
    • RHEL 9.2 or later: tomcat package returns to RHEL. Based on upstream Tomcat 9. This package is not supported on RHEL 9.0 and 9.